SKIN, HEALTH & WELLNESS CONSULTATIONS
Weight Loss support one on one x 4 (4 x 30 minute sessions)
The right information is powerful so take charge of your health, your body and rebuild a new you with the latest and easiest information to help you make small yet powerful changes to your diet and lifestyle.
This one on one program gives you the tools and support to take charge of your nutritional health thereby giving you lifelong tools that will ensure you never have to “DIET” again!.
Health and nutrients review only (60 minutes)
A general health review that allows you to be proactive in your approach and add your unique blend of nutrients that bridge the gap between illhealth, disease and health.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can diet affect my skin’s ability to be healthy?
Yes, certain foods can disrupt hormonal health, affect your skin’s hydration and over stimulate some of the structures in your dermis contributing to skin conditions such as to acne, pigmentation and rosacea.
We also know that certain deficiency in vitamins and minerals will affect our hormonal balance and our health that is displayed in our skin such as;
- Low Magnesium and Calcium levels will affect hormonal balance between progesterone and Oestrogen.
- Low Chromium levels affect our body’s ability to balance our blood sugar levels
- Low Zinc levels affects our body’s ability to not only reject and defend against heavy metals such as Mercury and Aluminium but also support our skin’s ability to have a healthy immune and regenerative process.
- Low Iodine levels have an impact not only on our metabolic health but also our body’s ability to detoxify.
This is why we use the Oligoscan, that takes only a few minutes to screen, test and report on your general nutritional levels. It takes the guess work out and the barriers that stop you from having healthy glowing skin and allows us to be precise in our nutritional recommendations .
How can I test for nutritional deficiencies?
What is a Oligoscan? The OligoScan technology allows us to make a quick and precise analysis of the trace elements and heavy metals in the tissues of our clients.
The measurement is made directly in our office with a portable spectrophotometer device approved by OligoScan. The collected data from our clients is sent to the secure central Oligoscan server within a few clicks. And within 20 seconds, we get the results back.
This test is a revolutionary technique to check the mineral status of our clients in real time. It allows us to know the most efficient supplementation that will mazimise your nutritional benefits. In case of heavy metal toxicity, we can suggest chelating techniques, supplements and/or lifestyle changes.
OligoScan is the most innovative testing methodology with the fastest turn around of results available anywhere in the world. The technology is an invaluable screening tool for actual tissue levels of minerals as opposed to other testing which is only indicative of what is being pulled out of that particular vector.
The data is invaluable and makes for a very precious prevention tool allowing for a longitudinal follow-up of our mineral status, key mineral ratios, heavy metal levels, mobilization of those metals and overall oxidative stress.
Do I have to change my diet to improve my skin’s health and complexion, Won’t just changing my skin care fix it?
We like to tell you that skincare alone will fix your skin condition and give you a glowing skin and that what’s all the cosmetic marketing company’s tell us in their promotions, but the truth is that our skin is the often the mirror to our health. Whilst a quality skincare with nutrient based liposomal ingredients will feed your skin, any imbalances in your body such as hormonal and digestive together with the impact or your lifestyle choices will ultimately have the largest impact on your complexion. This is why our clinic promotes and educates our clients on health and wellbeing as well as offering skin care and treatments. We want you to have beautiful skin and find your unique regime that applies to your health as well as your skin
How else can I tell what’s causing my skin problem?
Where your skin condition appears on your face, can generally tell us about what your triggers. For instance your forehead indicate microbiome imbalance; your chin – hormonal and dietary; your cheeks – inability to neutralise stress, hormonal and dietary especially dairy products; your neck – hormonal and immune health.
Depending on what your goal for your health and your skin we can make general recommendations that we know, from research, have a positive impact on the health of your skin or we can give you a complete dietary program.
Generally speaking if you want to fast track your skin’s appearance and health we have 10 steps that we suggest that you can implement immediately that over the next 4-6 weeks will not only improve the health of your skin but will also affect your waistline!
- Start the day with a green smoothie ( see our recipe)
- Increase the amount of green leafy vegetables and have 2-3 handfuls with every meal and reduce the amount of protein per day to 250 gm per day.
- Drink filtered water 1.5 – 2l per day and eliminate fruit juices, energy drink, soft drinks and dairy based drinks.
- Avoid fruit unless it is in season and limited to ½ cup per day.
- Support your gut health using both pre and probiotic support and eliminate or reduce the use of medication that affects the health of you gut microbiome such as Over the counter anti-inflammatories, pain relief, anti reflux medications, antibiotics unless prescribed by your GP.
- Eliminate dairy products from your diet and substitute with nut based cheese and milk ( exception to the rule is Cashew as it is a legume not a nut)
- You make have dark chocolate ( 70% +), red wine ( 1 x 200ml glass) or 1 glass of champagne or 1 x 30ml spirit drink without soft drink
- Replace and nutritional deficiencies – if tested and known.
- Eliminate Corn, soybeans, GMO foods and wholegrain products as they affect your hormonal health and blood sugar balance.
- Add daily resistant starches and fibre to your diet such as; Inulin, chickory root, green banana, garlic and leek
Does my lifestyle affect my skin?
Our skin and body’s mirror the results of the choices that we make in life and I am sure that you already know a few of the obvious ones that I have already stated such as convenience and processed foods, foods high in sugar including soft drinks, juices and energy drinks. However with new research on our gut microbiome demonstrating the connection and affects on our health and skin:- The following list is not exhaustive but just an indicator of how our lifestyle impacts our gut microbiome and in turn our skin and its appearance;
- The amount of sleep we get and the quality of it ( i.e whether you sleep the whole night uninterrupted or affects our body and skin’s ability to rejuvenate) A hormone that helps us go to sleep and stay asleep also supports a healthy and normal gut microbiome – Metatonin . If you are low on Melatonin not only will affect your sleep but also your gut microbiome health
- “Burning the candle at both ends”, actions and choices that we make can affect our bio-rhythm this increases the physical stress load on our body leading to exhaustion. Any stressful event in the body has the potential to increase stress in your skin and in turn directly affect your skin’s barriers hydration levels.
- The increasing demands we place on ourselves through work, finances, relationships, mortgages, children, study and juggling being the perfect wife, partner, husband, etc creates a recipe for an increase in the use of our fight and flight hormones – cortisol and adrenaline. This increase in our day to day use of Cortisol can lead to hormonal and metabolic imbalances affecting our skin
- Harsh chemicals in our personal care products such as toothpaste, mouth wash, hair dyes, body lotions, etc all may contain hormonal disruptors that reflect in the health and appearance of your skin. ( attach link to harmful chemicals)
- Our choices of food are vital to our overall health, rejuvenation, nutritional health and gut microbiome. In fact what’s more important is what you choose NOT to eat rather than what you eat. Your gut microbiome accounts for 90% of the cells that make you YOU, which in turn contain 99% of the genetic material that makes you So you can see now how nutritional and lifestyle are just as important and the products that you put on your skin.
- Drinking filtered clean water is essential for healthy skin, digestive tract and body.
- Reducing exposure to Plastics, including water, that disrupt your hormones as there are known chemicals that disrupt hormones such as;
- Polychlorinated biphenols;
- Use of artificial sweeteners, saccharin, aspartame alter your gut microbiome and kills your good gut microbiome therefore allowing an overgrowth of the “bad” guys
- Skin Conditions such as acne, rosacea, premature aging, pigmentation all have contributing lifestyle, gut microbiome and nutritional components.
Are probiotics necessary for my skin to be healthy?
Initially in the early stages of making changes, if you have a skin problem and the areas affected on your face are forehead, chin and cheeks this is indicating that your digestive health is not at optimum and your gut microbiome need some support. Probiotics are a great way to start the support process and ideally your probiotic should contain the species; lactobacillus rhamnosus, saccharomyces boulardii and bifidobacterium animalis. However they are transient in your digestive tract and only influence your digestive tract for a few days so other strategies should be considered for long term gut microbiome health such as;
- Daily ingestion of resistant starches
- Elimination of white and beige foods including dairy, high amounts of fruits and dairy products
- Add kefir and fermented foods to your diet on a daily basis
- Ensure that you are drinking adequate amounts of filtered water and minimise your alcohol intake
- Add at least 2 handfuls of greens to your plate every meal time.
- Start the day with a green smoothie
- Ensure that you are getting 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night to promote gut health
- If you have had a lot of antibiotics and medications in your lifetime you may need to consider using a product to recolonise your gut and re-establish a healthy number of microbiome. I like to use a product called Chitsu and generally find that it takes anywhere from 3- 12 months to establish a stable colony together with dietary changes.
What is Chitsu?
Chitsu is the original dietary supplement for digestive balance offering a unique alternative to Probiotics. The manufacturer has a rich 100 year history of Lactic Acid Bacteria research and the first to commercialise yoghurt production in Japan.
16 strains of Lactobacillus are cultured together and aged for one year. After a full year’s fermentation, the active ingredients are extracted which contain a high concentration of Lactobacillus metabolites and bioactive peptides.
In 1905, Dr Kakutaro of Japan encountered “The Prolongation of Life” written by Elie Metchnikoff, a 1908 Nobel Prize winner. In the book, it mentioned that people in Bulgaria were long lived and linked their health with a regular consumption of milk-fermented yoghurt (Lactobacillus bulgaricus). Metchnikoff proposed Lactobacillus Therapy, a world first which was based on the idea that “Diseases and senility were caused by self-poisoning of intestinal bacteria toxin, and the most effective way to improve inner health was using Lactobacillus.” Dr Kakutaro was strongly impressed by “The Prolongation of Life” and started trying Lactobacillus therapy by eating yoghurt. “I want to save people with Lactobacillus, and a first step of it is manufacturing and sale of yoghurt”. He finally opened a Lactobacillus research laboratory and yoghurt factory in Kyoto 1914 and became the first yoghurt manufacturer in Japan.
The passing years saw great advancement of fermentation technology. Dr Kakutaro’s son, B&S Corporation founder and biologist Kazuyoshi Masagaki followed in his father’s footsteps. In 1925, Kazuyoshi pioneered the development of 4 Lactobacillus species that were co-cultured in milk and the origin of modern Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) beverages in Japan had begun. That lead to the discovery of 8 other strains that were beneficial to the host and by 1945, 16 species were successfully co-cultured. During this time, a significant turning point occurred; changing the cultured medium from milk (containing animal proteins) to soymilk (plant derivation) and the research shifting from live bacteria to non-living lactobacillus extracts.
From living bacteria (probiotics) to Cultured Lactobacillus Extract
Dissatisfied with the effects of live bacteria fermented solutions in achieving digestive health, Kazuyoshi continued his research and shifted his focus on Lactobacillus metabolite/secretion technology (fermented by-products). After years of dedication, the breakthrough occurred in 1982 in the success of developing a Lactic Acid Bacteria Extract formula. 16 strains of Lactobacillus are fermented in soymilk, aged for one year and strengthened, then only the specific bioactive ingredients are extracted by a proprietary method that include bacteria body substances, flavonoids, amino acid derivatives and metabolites/secretions (lactic acid, secretory peptides).
The Lactobacillus extract that Kazuyoshi Masagaki led the world in developing 30 years ago is now garnering a lot of attention in many fields. It is just recently that researchers are paying more attention to Lactobacillus metabolites & Lactobacillus cellular extracts in health related fields. A new era in biogenics has just began.
Can weight loss be a permanent lifestyle change
Through many years of research into hormonal imbalances, digestive and microbiome health we have been able to put together an easy to implement weight loss program that anyone can manage and maintain. It came about through researching and helping clients with skin conditions such as acne, rosacea and pigmentation. Some of the clients also suffered from Polycystic Ovaries ( PCOS), hypothyroidism and autoimmune conditions. By developing a wellness program for them as well as a skincare and treatment program we found as a by product they also lost weight.
We use principles of leading wellness doctors such as Dr.Steve Gundry, Robyn Chutkan MD and Dr. David Perlmutter in our program.
We have now rolled it out to others who want a lifestyle approach to their weight problem and offer workshops (link to weight loss workshops) as well as one on one programs to educate and support the implementation of the new information with great success.
How can we help you?
Subscribe NowTo recieve our latest promotions
You can achieve beautiful skin with all natural solutions